Madonna Madge-ic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madonna Madge-ic Forum

Madonna Madge-ic A Forum Where The People Come Together

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebration - Slant Magazine Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DiE_yOuNg_StAy_PrEtTy
Admin
DiE_yOuNg_StAy_PrEtTy

Like... : 1083354
Kudos : 2

Celebration - Slant Magazine Review Empty
PostSubject: Celebration - Slant Magazine Review   Celebration - Slant Magazine Review EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 am

Madonna
Celebration
(Warner Bros., 2009)

4 out of 5 stars

Confession from my own private dance floor: I’ve never been a fan of The Immaculate Collection, despite the canonization accorded it in the absence of any competing career compilation up until its companion volume GHV2 in 2001. In almost every case, I found Immaculate’s QSound makeovers by Shep Pettibone (at the time, Madonna’s go-to guy thanks to his revelatory work on “Express Yourself” and “Vogue”) to be earsores, if not total desecrations, of the original works. The winningly tremulous qualities of her earliest hits were all but obliterated by Pettibone’s glossy remixes, and don’t even get me started on the deadening house beats he used to kamikaze “Like a Prayer,” a song which, like no other song from her first decade, did not exactly want for urgency. The upside of the album was and remains this unique feat: how its obligatory new tracks, the simmering “Rescue Me” and the aromatic “Justify My Love,” are considered by most fans to be among the singer’s best work.

Full Article
http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/music_review.asp?ID=1858

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/emmamadonnaconfessionsonadancefloormchal

Celebration - Slant Magazine Review
Page 1 of 1